Tuesday, August 12, 2014

29th year - N° 224 Tuesday, 12 August 2014

BIRTH(+)FACT(᙮)DEATH(-)
29th year - N° 224 Tuesday, 12 August 2014

12 August / Today's 7 Events:
(-)
187 years ago

Sunday 12th of August 1827

Poet and painter William Blake dies of gallstones at the age of 70 in Fountain Court, Strand, Soho, London, Greater London, United Kingdom.


(+)
146 years ago

Wednesday 12th of August 1868

Victim of Henri Désiré Landru aka Le Barbe-Bleue de Gambais Thérèse Laborde-Line is born in Chascomús, Gran Buenos Aires, Argentina.


(-)
59 years ago

Friday 12th of August 1955

Writer, social critic and philanthropist Thomas Paul Mann dies of athorasclerosis at the age of 80 in Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland.


(-)
50 years ago He Didn't See the Living Daylight

Wednesday 12th of August 1964

Writer, journalist and naval intelligence officer Ian Lancaster Fleming known for the James Bond spy novels dies of a heart attack at the age of 56 in Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom.


(-)
35 years ago

Sunday 12th of August 1979

30-year-old Murderer Peter Carlier shoots a 21-year-old neighbour girl to death due to a sadistic obsession in Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium.


(-)
17 years ago

Tuesday 12th of August 1997

Valencia Begonia is abducted and killed by unidentified serial killer Le Dépeceur de Mons aka The Trash Bag Killer in Mons, Hainaut, Belgium.


(x)
5 years ago

Wednesday 12th of August 2009

50-year-old Performance artist Danny Devos aka DDV performs 'James Lee Byars was Never in Art Ghraib' and 'And Did Those Eyes in Recent Time' at R.I.T.E.S. in Old School, Mount Sophia, Singapore, Singapore.

I drew the sign of the 'Red Dragon' on a sheet of paper with red paint. Then I stood for a while on a piece of cloth with a ritual milk 'kavadi' on my head. The kavadi was filled with red paint that I slowly poured over my head. Then I made a wad out of a piece of gold cloth filled with earth from my hole. I lay down on a sloping piece of wood, my head immersed in a tub of water. I stuffed the wad in my mouth and an unopened lotus flower into the wad. I remained with my head in the water until the wad and the lotus flower were completely sodden and I couldn't breath no more.


No comments: