Wednesday, March 28, 2007

28 march 2004 - Antwerpen, Belgium


AMVK at a memorial night in Cinderella, a legendary club in Antwerpen, Belgium.

1849 (-) Priest and botanist Stephan Endlicher dies at the age of 44 in Vienna, Austria.
He formulated a major system of plant classification.
1868 (+) Writer Maxim Gorky is born in Nizhni (now Gorky), Novgorod, Russia.
1881 (-) Composer Modest Mussorgsky dies at the age of 43 in St. Petersburg, Russia.
1920 (+) Actor Dirk Bogarde is born in London, Hampstead, United Kingdom.
1941 (-) Writer Virginia Woolf commits suicide by drowning at the age of 59 in Rodmell, Sussex, United Kingdom.
"I feel certain that I am going mad again: I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and can't concentrate. So I am doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness... I can't fight it any longer, I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work"
1943 (-) Composer Sergey Rachmaninov dies at the age of 70 in Beverly Hills, California, USA.
1958 (+) Wrestler and bodybuilder Curt Hennig aka Mr Perfect, is born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
I am the greatest wrestler, the greatest athlete the state of Minnesota has ever produced.
1969 (-) 34th president of the USA Dwight David Eisenhower aka Ike, dies of a heart-attack at the age of 78 in Washington, District Columbia, USA.
1972 (-) Linda Ohlig is presumably strangled and beaten to death by Zodiac at the age of 19 in Half Moon Bay, California, USA.
1977 (-) Sylvia Lauterbach is beaten to death by Bernd Bopp aka The Hammer Murderer, at the age of 23 in Mainz, Germany.
1979 (x) The cooling-system of a nuclear plant fails and an explosion is prevented on the limit in Harrisburg, USA.
1980 (-) Marsha Weatter is presumably assaulted and shot dead by Randy Woodfield aka The I-5 Killer, at the age of 19 in Spokane, Washington, USA.
1982 (-) Composer Carl Orff dies at the age of 86.

1994 (-) Writer Eugene Ionesco dies at the age of 81 in Paris, France.

No comments: